Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ARGH - Stopped out AGAIN!!!

So here I am, spotting a sweet trade on EUR/JPY .... one that should have paid off about 300 pips!

Here is the trade:

I got in at the circled spot on Monday, August 27th. It is _still_ heading down, as I'd predicted.

However, I keep getting stopped out! I've been chasing this trade since MONDAY! I get in, make a profit, move my stop up closer, and BANG!!! I'm out of the trade in a momentary upswing. I'm sick of that. Today, especially - I had an entry stop that got me in at 157.4, and anticipated a sweet run down to 154.90 - well, that run down is definitely happening right now, as you'll see if you double-click on the chart - however, as usual, I got stopped out a little after I got in. So now, late, late, late in the game, I'm finally in this trade again. Shorted 10 micro mini lots at 155.41, with a stop at 158.3 and a limit at 151.6 - I'm anticipating that it will hit 151.5 (the 78.6% mark on the Fibonacci retracement) and may still continue downward depending on how much support it meets at that Major support point.

I'm frustrated at the stopped-out-ness of this trade, but encouraged by the fact that I called it right in terms of identifying the trade!

I guess it's all part of the learning game - no point getting frustrated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya, it's like reading my own story! Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Maya, you really called that one! I have not started actual trading yet but would have been stopped out so far a couple of times this week if I were acutally trading. Thanks for being in the webinar with Jordan, you really helped liven it up and made it feel like home as we learned.